All inclusive package deal of 1,400 Euro per person based on twin or triple room (sharing at Tropical Residence Apartments) and 4 people per vehicle.
AIRPORT CODE SID (Sal, Amilicar Cabral Airport Cabo Verde)
AVOID AT ALL COST any route going via Praia, Santiago Island (Route Boston to Praia to SAL is really bad with gear, do not do this)
Recommendation for cheapest option as follows:
United or US Airways to
– Amsterdam then with Transavia to Sal, this is by far the best airport to transit through. You can leave board bags at left luggage and there are cheap airport hotels nearby with easy transport.
– Brussels then with Jetairfly to Sal
– Germany, Munich, Dusseldorf or Frankfurt then with TUI fly to Sal
OR more direct but slightly more expensive
United airlines you can book direct to Sal, it goes via Lisbon Portugal and then you fly with TAP (part of the Star Alliance group) to Sal
Flights out of Europe:
– UK flights out of Birmingham, Manchester and London Gatwick with Thomson or Thomas Cook (Thomson Fly or Thomas cook Holidays)
– Holland, Amsterdam with Transavia (www.transavia.com) Highly recommended usually the cheapest and most efficient with gear.
– Belgium, Brussels with Jetairfly (www.jetairfly.com)
– France, Paris Orly (www.jetairfly.com or www.transavia.com)
– Germany, Munich, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Koln (www.tuifly.com)
Excess Baggage: Most of the airlines suggested here are good with baggage just be aware that max limit in Europe per bag is 32Kgs, some airlines it´s 30kgs
United Airlines charge 200USD per board bag 1 way
Transavia charge 40 Euro Per Board bag 1 Way
Jet Airfly 30Euro Per Board Bag 1 Way
TUI Fly 60Euro Per Board Bag Return
Thomson please double check they always change it